Menu

s/o Origin of the American Health Care System

Lady Florida.

happysmileylady's post about her sister's cake shop already is way off topic. In order to keep from taking it further off base I thought I'd post this in a new thread.

From PBS Digital Studios - a brief history of the American employer-based health care system.

It makes sense historically and is understandable. What isn't understandable to me is why we aren't willing to let it go. It worked 50-70 years ago. It doesn't work anymore.

Edited by Lady Florida.

I posted the link in happy smiley lady's message. I had never understood the logic of the US health care system. Honestly, it just doesn't make much rational sense coming from outside the system.

The video definitely helped me understand the political context where the system developed. Still doesn't make sense to keep it that way, it just gives it context.

I posted the link in happy smiley lady's message. I had never understood the logic of the US health care system. Honestly, it just doesn't make much rational sense coming from outside the system.

The video definitely helped me understand the political context where the system developed. Still doesn't make sense to keep it that way, it just gives it context.

I didn't see that but I'm glad it's in more than one location. I had always heard it was so employers could attract workers after WWII but it seems it's more complicated than that.