Menu

I am so sick of doctors. (JAWN...venty vent vent)

SparklyUnicorn

Why don't they say what they really want?  I went for the allergy testing.  The instruction sheet said call if I have a reaction after 24 hours.  I had a reaction at around 48 hours.  I didn't call because it was a Friday night and I dunno..I didn't feel like dealing with it.  So it says to take Zyrtec and use hydrocortizone cream.  So I took Benadryl and used the cream.  BECAUSE I am already on Zyrtec!!  So I had a reaction WHILE on Zyrtec.  Anyhow, I figured what difference does it make if I take Zyrtec or Benadryl.  I sent them a message through their on-line thing saying I had a reaction and took Benadryl and used the cream.  So he wrote back and said it sometimes happens, but the instruction sheet said to take Zyrtec.  I wrote back and said yeah, I'm already on Zyrtec, but anyhow, thanks at least I know "it can happen".

What I want to know is why tell me to call them if I have a reaction if they apparently don't care about the information?  Why?!  I got better things to do.

I am so frustrated and just need to vent. 

I think the call if you have a reaction thing is a cya. My allergist doesn't even really care if I have an anaphylactic reaction as long as I take care of it properly. They definitely don't care if I have a delayed reaction to allergy testing. It's not to say they don't care -- I have the best allergist on the planet -- it's just once you know what to do and and are doing it, there isn't much else they can do for you. They want call ins from people who have no idea how to follow instructions or take care of themselves. That's a surprisingly large number of people.

I think the call if you have a reaction thing is a cya. My allergist doesn't even really care if I have an anaphylactic reaction as long as I take care of it properly. They definitely don't care if I have a delayed reaction to allergy testing. It's not to say they don't care -- I have the best allergist on the planet -- it's just once you know what to do and and are doing it, there isn't much else they can do for you. They want call ins from people who have no idea how to follow instructions or take care of themselves. That's a surprisingly large number of people.

Really? My allergist flipped out on me when I ended up in the ER and she got a call from them but not me, apparently their office is super serious about the 'call when you react' thing.

Really? My allergist flipped out on me when I ended up in the ER and she got a call from them but not me, apparently their office is super serious about the 'call when you react' thing.

Maybe I just have so much going on? I don't know. I just have prov send over my paperwork. I asked at one point what the procedure should be after an anaphylactic reaction with epi and on their end it was just the report after the fact. We had a really bad year for all things medical in 2016 but I'm hoping to be on less of a first name basis with all my doctors in the future :)

Why don't they say what they really want?  I went for the allergy testing.  The instruction sheet said call if I have a reaction after 24 hours.  I had a reaction at around 48 hours.  I didn't call because it was a Friday night and I dunno..I didn't feel like dealing with it.  So it says to take Zyrtec and use hydrocortizone cream.  So I took Benadryl and used the cream.  BECAUSE I am already on Zyrtec!!  So I had a reaction WHILE on Zyrtec.  Anyhow, I figured what difference does it make if I take Zyrtec or Benadryl.  I sent them a message through their on-line thing saying I had a reaction and took Benadryl and used the cream.  So he wrote back and said it sometimes happens, but the instruction sheet said to take Zyrtec.  I wrote back and said yeah, I'm already on Zyrtec, but anyhow, thanks at least I know "it can happen".

What I want to know is why tell me to call them if I have a reaction if they apparently don't care about the information?  Why?!  I got better things to do.

I am so frustrated and just need to vent. 

What they really want is for you to not sue them.

ooh, I am bitter :(

• Like 1