Menu

Erin Condren Planners ?

I would say the Life Planner, the teacher one just didn't really match with what I wanted to do. Maybe because I prefer vertical planner and the teacher does it weekly horizontally. Also the teacher planner ignores weekends and my schooling never did. So, I liked the Life Planner better- but it all depends on how you plan. I was able to use the 3 vertical sections as: 1 for out of house appointments or classes or whatever, 2 for subject based lesson planning, 3 for to dos or reminders. 

And then, I'd also say the Recollections brand at Michael's is a very close substitution if you wanted to save some pennies -- I loved my EC planner but after one year I decided the alternatives available were worth the savings.  

I switched to the Happy Planner from Michaels and I love it!!! I thought I would *HATE* the discs but turns out I love them because I can add pages to it as needed, especially my own bullet journal pages and what not. Had the Recollections planner come out a few months sooner, I probably would have switched to it, but well, I'm glad I didn't because the Happy Planner really suits my needs. I love that I can constantly continue forward -- I take out months that are long gone and add new ones as needed -- never do I have an "old planner" that needs replaced with new. 

But you weren't asking for other planner info, so feel free to ignore the unrequested info. :) 

• Like 2

Well, if it was me I wouldn't buy either. ;) I'd buy the Plum Paper Homeschool Planner instead. Merely because it's got the months followed by the weeks. The EC has the months in one section than the weeks in another & that drives me batty. The Ultimate Homeschool Planner did the same thing which really made me grind my teeth. I know I have issues, please don't point that out to me! :P 

The only thing to keep in mind with the PPP is that each planner is made to your specifications. You can have pages added in or taken out. We've used one for the last few years for homeschooling & we get the large ME. You can add in a homeschool section if you want, but I don't think I'd bother with it. Instead I have note pages added on to the school planner, & sometimes check list pages. They are currently 20% off with the Labor Day code available.. but keep in mind because the insides are made to your specifications {colour or not, added pages or not, order of pages, etc} they can take longer to be printed, bound & shipped. You can even tell them not to bind it if you want. 

• Like 3

I love the Plum Paper Planners. I actually use the 8/5x11 ME Planner and have the column labeled with my kids names, and then two extras for things we do together.  I add months and do 18 months at a time, so it's more cost effective and convenient for me than the homeschool planner, but ymmv, as I have five kids. ;) I am adding the Homeschool Planning section to my new one this time around, I was happy to see it as an option.

Edited by melmichigan
  • Like 1

I love the Plum Paper Planners. I actually use the 8/5x11 ME Planner and have the column labeled with my kids names, and then two extras for things we do together.  I add months and do 18 months at a time, so it's more cost effective and convenient for me than the homeschool planner, but ymmv, as I have five kids. ;) I am adding the Homeschool Planning section to my new one this time around, I was happy to see it as an option.

Yep, we use the ME for school too, but the spots are subjects vs kids names. ;) Works a charm for us. We use the monthly calendar for attendance purposes & the YAG page for mapping out our school year.

• Like 1