Menu

Bread pans - What's your favorite for sandwich loaves?

I've never used it but King Arthur Flour used to sell a pan specifically for sandwich bread-came out in the familiar square store shape. I think it had a lid to keep the bread compact and shaped.

Ooops forgot to add the link-Square Bread Pan

Edited by JumpedIntoTheDeepEndFirst
Add info

I use the pampered chef stoneware loaf pans.

:iagree: Love them!

I have thought about PC, and have finally learned to appreciate stones. Now if I can just get over the idea of paying retail, lol. I have a decent collection, but I've never paid anywhere near retail for any of my stones. :D

Do they produce decent size sandwich slices, not too big and not too small? Have you ever tried baking with a cookie sheet on top to simulate the pullman type of pan?

Thanks for all of the responses!

~Staci

I have thought about PC, and have finally learned to appreciate stones. Now if I can just get over the idea of paying retail, lol. I have a decent collection, but I've never paid anywhere near retail for any of my stones. :D

Do they produce decent size sandwich slices, not too big and not too small? Have you ever tried baking with a cookie sheet on top to simulate the pullman type of pan?

Thanks for all of the responses!

~Staci

I haven't tried making sqare bread, but I think it would be fun LOL. As far as retail, I hear you! Can you host a PC party and maybe get the pans free?

I haven't tried making sqare bread, but I think it would be fun LOL. As far as retail, I hear you! Can you host a PC party and maybe get the pans free?

I guess I could, but I just don't think the people I would invite would spend enough for me to get much from it.

Maybe I'll just try a CraigsList ISO first and see what happens. Most of the stones I have right now I got off of CL, garage sales or the thrift store.