Menu

Basic knitting question

I think I may understand what you are describing. Did you do the yarn overs in the knit row and then are purling them on the next row? If so, then you should treat the yarn overs like a regular stitch and purl them, even though they are at an angle on the needle. What does the pattern say regarding the yarn overs?

Mary

I knit and would like to help, but I don't know what you mean by a "knit yarn over." Could you clarify? What are you making?

Mary

I meant that the yarn overs are in a row of knitting. Like K1 YO K1

The next row will say "purl the row"

But I come up on all these places wher eit's har to figure out what I am purling. I think this is because I am using lace and it's rather fine. But there will be sort of a cross at the top of the needle, and I don't know if I am purling under or over it, if that makes sense.

I don't know if it's right but I purl below the crosses on a yo. It works for me - I always figure so long as I'm consistent, it doesn't matter so much if I'm right or wrong :D

I found this for you: http://ajoyfulhappylife.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-purl-into-back-of-second-yo.html

She's purling normally into the first yo (& then she shows how to purl into the back of the 2nd yo, as called for by her pattern)