Menu

Using science coloring books?

I even had required coloring books for some science classes in college! I used them w/ my kids too and think they are helpful. I rolled my eyes as a college student when I first bought one, but it turned out to be pretty effective. 

We use this series

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/biology-coloring-book-robert-d-griffin/1000184618?ean=9780064603072&pcta=n&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Shopping+Textbooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP212&k_clickid=3x212

Be aware that these are easily high school/college levels of detail. They may be coloring books, but they're not little kid coloring books.

• Like 3

Any particular titles or publishers you like?

These. 

Scroll down to where it has customers who bought this also bought...and you can see others that are similar. You can tell by the font and format of the title. It may be a little old for your kids, though. It depends on what you want. DK is probably fine for younger kids. 

• Like 2

We use this series

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/biology-coloring-book-robert-d-griffin/1000184618?ean=9780064603072&pcta=n&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Shopping+Textbooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP212&k_clickid=3x212

Be aware that these are easily high school/college levels of detail. They may be coloring books, but they're not little kid coloring books.

These. 

Scroll down to where it has customers who bought this also bought...and you can see others that are similar. You can tell by the font and format of the title. It may be a little old for your kids, though. It depends on what you want. DK is probably fine for younger kids. 

Thanks!  We have several DK.  I'm mostly looking ahead on these, and all looking at some for brushing up my own skills before teaching the subjects!

They were a bust for one of my kids (the other is doing some anatomy this year, so we're going to try again and see). I don't think that means they're bad at all... but they did not help him memorize and he didn't enjoy the process. He's artistic, so I though they would work. However, he's also kind of a perfectionist and they didn't help there.