Menu

DIVE science e-learning or download?

Anyone have experience with either? Specifically for biology?

I am leaning towards the download, using a secular college textbook. But the Dive people who answer emails really are pushing the e- learning course as superior.

I want to be able to print out worksheets, quizzes and tests, and easily adjust grades, as well as giving extra credit for any additional work done.

Thank you!

(I have tried searching the forums but didn't find much in the way of an answer.)

• Like 1

I will be using Dive this year and went with the digital download. I am supplementing the course with additional texts and grades, so the e-course would not have any benefit to me as it wouldn't keep the grade correctly. 

This course will be used in our co-op, and I just advised another mom to do the download if she wants to save it for other children. The e-course is only a 12 month subscription. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 2

We used the course from the CD's but only because that was the only option when we did it :). You aren't finding answers because the options haven't been available long. If I were doing it again, I'd probably do the download. I paired with secular texts, made my own schedules, and we swapped out a few labs we'd already done. I wouldn't have wanted to mess with the e-learning. I see no advantage at all. My kids weren't big fans of online learning.

• Like 1

I used the CD for one of my older daughters but bought the e-learning 2 years ago for my son.  Biology was a get-it-done class for us and, other than using a textbook of my choice, he used the program without any extra stuff. We did about 3/4 of the labs and he watched the rest. We found the schedule unrealistic - the weeks could be packed with work and then they allowed too much time for test prep - and spent about 40 weeks on it, though some weeks were lab-only. But we made it fit into our life. I really liked the automatic grading for tests!

• Like 1

Liza Q- was there a big difference between the Cd and e-learning? I think I will get the download, but I worry that I will be missing something by not getting the e- learning.... and since I'll have two kids using it, the download is more economical.

I don't think so...but I don't remember the CD version that well.  When I looked into them the only difference I noticed was the automatic grading but I honestly didn't look closely - I just assumed that they were the same.

I gave it away last year so I can't look now and compare them for you - sorry!!

ETA: I should mention that my daughter did her labs at a local Christian school so we never even looked at the labs on the cd.

Edited by Liza Q
  • Like 1

Liza Q- was there a big difference between the Cd and e-learning? I think I will get the download, but I worry that I will be missing something by not getting the e- learning.... and since I'll have two kids using it, the download is more economical.

Our co-op is using the Earth Science, so I've spoken with the company about all the options. The content is the same across all the available formats. 

• Like 1