Menu

Help! Too much suds in my Front Loader!

I bought by mistake a standard soap, not an HE. I noticed it right away, and I've been very careful to reduce the amount of detergent. However, this morning, my son decided to 'help' me, and do a load. He also decided to use plenty of detergent - not knowing it wasn't the right kind.

Well, when I opened my front loader, all I could see was this great white cloud of foam! Bubbles even escaped from it and floated all round me. Honestly, it was beautiful to look at, but very worrisome too.

I've done two cycles of rinse and spin (without any additional detergent!) and I still have the nice cloud effect. I used a bowl, and manually removed over 20 bowls of suds and dropped them in the sink. I'm now doing another rince cycle on extremely low spin, hoping to get my towels out of there soon. Thankfully, it's only towels in there!

Anyone has a great trick to save this laundry machine??? Please????

Yeah! The suds are gone!!!

The vinegar trick worked here, and I can tell you all I've never had towels this clean after what... 4 cycles in the washing machine this morning?

And to make matter worse, those towels were sitting in the dryer for the last 2 days, my daughter having forgotten to start the dryer in question. I was re-washing them to get rid of the smell. LOL.. if only I had known..

Yeah! The suds are gone!!!

The vinegar trick worked here, and I can tell you all I've never had towels this clean after what... 4 cycles in the washing machine this morning?

And to make matter worse, those towels were sitting in the dryer for the last 2 days, my daughter having forgotten to start the dryer in question. I was re-washing them to get rid of the smell. LOL.. if only I had known..

Well, I came in too late to tell you vinegar, which I learned about in high school chemistry during a drought. But I also just learned that vinegar is a great degreaser. I spilled some cooking oil and instead of soaping, & rinsing several times, I wiped it with a dry cloth, poured some vinegar on, wiped it off and voila, no oily residue on my floor.