Menu

Tennis elbow anyone?

MotherGoose

I have had on and off tennis elbow for 18 months. It's not from tennis, it's from gardening and having to carry and wrestle a baby/toddler. I had PT, did a cortisone shot, tried massage. It's really bad again with the gardening season. What's been your experience? Anyone do surgery?

ETA I also wear one of the braces.

Edited by MotherGoose

I have had on and off tennis elbow for 18 months. It's not from tennis, it's from gardening and having to carry and wrestle a baby/toddler. I had PT, did a cortisone shot, tried massage. It's really bad again with the gardening season. What's been your experience? Anyone do surgery?

ETA I also wear one of the braces.

I went to a well qualified physio. He disagreed with the doctor's diagnosis of tennis elbow, gave me some neck exercises (yes, neck) and cured it. I get a twinge occasionally and just do the exercises to cure it.

• Like 1

I went to a well qualified physio. He disagreed with the doctor's diagnosis of tennis elbow, gave me some neck exercises (yes, neck) and cured it. I get a twinge occasionally and just do the exercises to cure it.

I definitely have neck issues, but I went to PT (physio I think ) and to a chiropractor, as well as md and orthopedist, and they all concur on the diagnosis. It's possible I have ulnar nerve entrapment too/instead of. I hate this! I want to be able to hoe the garden all day like I did two years ago.

• Like 1

I had surgery about 13 years ago. The biggest issue I had was the dr told me I'd be out of commission for a week. He neglected to tell me that was for the non-removable cast and that I'd still be in a remove only when you shower cast for two more weeks. I had a 1 & 3 yo and my husband had scheduled a business trip a week after the surgery. While he was gone we had a huge ice storm and my son spiked 105 degree fever. We were new to the neigborhood and didnt really know anyone. I couldnt lift the baby to get him in the car to go to the er. It was bad.

I had surgery about 13 years ago. The biggest issue I had was the dr told me I'd be out of commission for a week. He neglected to tell me that was for the non-removable cast and that I'd still be in a remove only when you shower cast for two more weeks. I had a 1 & 3 yo and my husband had scheduled a business trip a week after the surgery. While he was gone we had a huge ice storm and my son spiked 105 degree fever. We were new to the neigborhood and didnt really know anyone. I couldnt lift the baby to get him in the car to go to the er. It was bad.

That's awful!! How are you now? Edited by MotherGoose

That's awful!! How are you now?

It is fine now. After the first 4-6 weeks my arm was fine, but those three weeks were hard. It wouldn't have been that bad if i hadnt had two small children to care for. I am actually getting ready to have a similar procedure on my thumb and have warned my kids that mon is put of commission for at least three weeks. Fortunatly they are old ebough to help me jow.