Menu

prep for CLEP

My older 2 have both CLEP'ed out of Spanish. Each time, I bought the official CLEP Prep book that has a couple practice tests, or maybe it's just one. And some general info on the exam. You can download a subject specific one from the College Board when you pay for your CLEP test (or ahead of time), or you can buy a big blue book on Amazon, etc. We also bought some after-market REA prep book on Amazon. I think they each spent a couple/few hours practicing a test, so they got familiar with the question organization, etc. They could have studied more, but they didn't, lol, and they both got high scores and did just fine. :) Languages are maybe more fluid than other subjects, though. I mean, they'd been learning Spanish for about a decade by the time they took their CLEPs, unlike, say a macroeconomics class that you could crank through in a semester or even less time with a good prep book . . . I'd think that some other topics might lend themselves better to targeted studying. 

At the end of the day, when looking at important standardized tests, I always buy at least a couple well rated prep books on Amazon, and my kids barely crack them, and then they still do just fine. I've wasted a LOT of money on exam prep books over the years, lol. You can re-test CLEP in 3 months if you're not happy with your score, so there's always that . . .

• Like 1