Menu

What an amazing, great, wonderful day! (cc)

We have a soldier care ministry at our church that I've been involved in the last 4 years. It started very small - I would pack about 15 boxes/month in my home. The first time dh was deployed, a group of women asked if they could help continue this and it has now grown to serving almost 300 soldiers/month. Obviously, the amount of money needed for this has grown also. The church has budgeted to pay for the shipping, but all of the stuff to go in the boxes is donated by individuals in the congregation - apart from regular tithing/giving.

So, normally the week before packing we have been given approx. $1,000 to use for supplies. Yesterday we had a grand total of $300. That's not going to fill a whole lot of boxes! This morning at our ladies' class, I mentioned that we were short on funds so if anyone wanted to contribute, now would be a great time. We were given $1400!!!!!!! I was completely blown away! The girl who does all of our bulk shopping also had another $500 given. So, we have double the amount to spend that we normally do!

I am just so thrilled to see this ministry flourishing, even with people worried about their incomes, the economy, etc. I stand amazed!