Menu

Home'scool, how'd your day go?

Seasider

Thank you so much for thinking of me!

We went before the judge to address my STBX's filing to vacate the judge's order that he pay me alimony. I was hoping the judge would decide right there and then (in my imaginings he would also do a lot of yelling at my STBX!) but the judge is "taking it under advisement" and will rule in, hopefully, under 3 weeks. My STBX did not present any new evidence that would require the judge to change his ruling but I am still on pins and needles until I hear his ruling.

It is so hard to sit there and listen to his side lie! But my attorney was great. She quoted case law and statues while my STBX's attorney was all about just bitching about paying me. My attorney was able to bring up the argument that, if he is saying he cannot afford to pay me anything right now, why is he going away to Stowe, VT and Martha's Vineyard for vacation and spending money on concert tickets and taking his newest girlfriend out for dinner, etc. I am so glad she got that information out there.

When we were done and all filing out of the courtroom it ended up that I was holding the door open while people were exiting. I saw my STBX coming and made eye contact with him. We have not spoken, either face-to-face or on the phone in over 6 months. He had a look on his face like he expected me to say "hello" or something polite like that. Well, that girl is gone. He was a bully all our marriage and this newest chapter is the worst. So when he came up to me I said right into his face "You are a liar!". He looked shocked! My sister and my attorney stepped between us to stop us from talking but I just kept saying "You are a liar!"

Probably not my best moment but it felt so good to finally say something to him. 

• Like 5

Thanks for the update. I wish you didn't have to wait 3 weeks! Maybe you will be surprised by a quicker return of his decision. It does sound like your lawyer did a good job of presenting your side of the situation.

I can't imagine the restraint required to sit still and silent while someone boldly tells lies. I understand it really did feel good to at least have a chance to speak your mind.

• Like 1