Menu

Has anyone tried a robocall blocking app for iPhone?

Forget-Me-Not

We got my oldest a phone a week ago and he has been completely hounded by unwanted telemarketing calls.  Yes, he's on the Do Not Call registry and yes, I've checked with the service provider who was of almost no help except to direct me to the DNC and FCC websites.  I'm looking at a couple of options that get pretty good reviews and I would be willing to pay a little if it would stop these calls. 

• Like 1

If he has only had that phone number for one week, consider changing his phone number, and, possibly his provider.  I have had my cell phone number for approximately 10 years. Most of the time with one provider and then I ported it to Virgin Mobile Colombia early in 2016.  I get a few of those calls, but not lots of them.  I have a Call Blocking App (Android) that I have manually input one (1) phone number into to block calls.  

If he has only had that phone number for one week, consider changing his phone number, and, possibly his provider.  I have had my cell phone number for approximately 10 years. Most of the time with one provider and then I ported it to Virgin Mobile Colombia early in 2016.  I get a few of those calls, but not lots of them.  I have a Call Blocking App (Android) that I have manually input one (1) phone number into to block calls.  

Pretty much the same experience here.  I NEVER used to get robocalls, but in the past 2 years, I have started getting them.  Maybe 2 a month.  I have caller ID on, and if I don't know the caller, I don't answer.  If they don't leave a message, I don't *block* them (because I could be wrong about it being a robocall) but I do attach the number to a contact I have called JUNK.  Then, when I get a call from JUNK, I don't answer for sure.  If someone who doesn't use caller ID wants to call me, they can put on caller ID or leave a message.  

As I explained to the guy from T-Mobile.  And my dentist.  :::a little blush--but seriously--leave a message!:::