Menu

X-posted Quick, comprehensive, summer online courses?

My dd has asked me to find her some thorough online courses this summer to prep her for AP English 11 and something else for Govt/politics AP. We just got her PSAT scores back and although she did just fine, she does not feel this years Honors english has challenged her enough to be successful next year. 

She knows she can work through Khan academy, but wants more structure. Everything I am finding is more semester or year in length. Any ideas? Thanks! Simka. 

If she's looking at AP Eng Lit, I think Maya Inspektor said somewhere that the students that were most prepared for her class were the ones who had done a lot of quality, high level reading.  I can't find my source for that, though.  I'm trying to get my daughter to read a number of classic/quality lit books before she takes AP Lit.  If there is a GC lecture on whatever works she chooses, we'll listen to that together while driving.

If she's looking at AP Eng Lang w/ Maya or another instructor, I would contact that instructor and see what s/he suggests. (And then post here! :)  )

• Like 1