Menu

Are backpacks allowed at Mt. Vernon, VA

ProudGrandma

I've been relatively recently, but I've never taken a backpack. I can say I've brought a decent sized shoulder bag - enough to hold all our lunches - and they didn't blink. No big deal. It's not a heavy security place in general, IME. I mean, they're watching you like a hawk in the mansion itself. And the museum feels museumish though the guards are friendly. But the grounds are well patrolled but the guards are nice and you don't feel like you're about to be in trouble for stepping wrong or something (I'm looking at you, nasty arboretum guards).

There might be lockers when you first come in after you buy tickets - there are restrooms and a big desk where you can get things like a scavenger hunt for the kids, but I can't actually picture any, so I don't think so. You exit somewhere different from where you enter and it's not that easy to get back to that point so it seems like it would be funny to set it up that way.

Have fun. Weather's supposed to clear up... at least, I hope. If you're staying in NW and are back in the afternoon, you should watch the Funk Parade. It's a thing.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. All of us will probably have a backpack, although mine and my husband's are a bit bigger. The kids have those whippy string back packs. There are tons of school groups here and most of those kids have backpacks... So I doubt we would be alone in this. Thanks again.

• Like 2

Is your new phone working OK in Metro DC? Assume they will inspect the contents of the Backpacks when you enter the property. In Orlando I was the one with the Backpack. They checked it many times that week. Enjoy your day there!

Sent from my SM-G355M using Tapatalk

Lanny... Love the phone.. However I get this message often: Google app has stopped... And then I get 2 options... Close app, or send feedback. It is annoying. What does this mean? And what do I do about it?

Wonderful.  Since I recommended that model to you, I am thankful and relieved that you are happy with it!    :hurray:

About the message you are getting for the Google App.  That's a glitch with that App and not with the phone. I would click to send them Feedback that you are getting that message, frequently. Include that you are on Android 7.x (they would hopefully get information about your Hardware and Firmware, when you click to send Feedback, but I try not to assume).