Menu

More money out

Night Elf

So in my thread about my house being only 20 years old and having so much work done, I mentioned the threshold on my backdoor came off. Also, the bottom of the frame is rotting away. The guy came out today (BTW, he did pronounce his name Javier Ha-vee-air), and also showed us where the bottom of our back door is splitting in two. SO, he has to replace the entire frame, threshold and is getting us a new door all for $675. I use Home Advisor for work on the house and this is the guy that did our dry wall so we're at least familiar with him. Home Advisor only had one other possibility for us and there was no link to getting work done which I don't understand. So really, we have to go with this guy because I don't know how else to find someone. I just hope we're not overpaying. I wish DH was handy around the house but he's just not that kind of person. He can do minor things but definitely not anything difficult like this back door thing.

Oh yuck!  It's true, doors can be crazy tricky.  Also, don't worry about your DH not being handy in situations like this.  My DH is very handy, so instead of waiting until we have saved enough money to get things done we get to wait three times as long for DH to actually have time to do all the things that he doesn't want to pay someone else to do because he is completely capable of handling it himself........in around 6 months if I'm lucky! ;)

• Like 2