Menu

GHC convention- cheap parking??

Homemama2

I'm heading to the convention in Cincinnati next week.  The last time I went a couple of years ago we printed something off for $5 parking (per day, if I'm remembering right.)  Does anyone know if this is available this year?  I can't remember where this was from.  :confused1:   Thanks!

There were printable vouchers on the GHC website for Cincinnati in the past. Last year they didn't offer that and I was super disappointed. Parking can be really pricey downtown. I ended up parking in the normal garage--right next to the convention center but I think it was $7 instead of $5.  Also note not all the garages can accommodate the oversized vans and trucks if that applies to you. 

I can't even find directions on their website this year. If you aren't from Cincinnati you need to know that the Third street exit is closed going southbound on I-71.  "Traffic will be detoured to Gilbert Avenue to East Eighth Street to south on Sycamore Avenue to Third Street."

• Like 1

Thanks!  Glad to know about the detour! We aren't from around there, and our phone's gps never seems to work right in the downtown area, so that's super helpful!

I fully expect there to be a lot of lost minivans throughout downtown Cincinnati those days! =)  It's much simpler to get to the convention center off the Third street exit.  I would definitely have a printed map of downtown with the street directions (some streets are one way) just in case. 

I seem to be remembering last year that the parking vouchers didn't pop up very early. It seemed like it was the weekend before convention that the link was added . I also thought that last year the garages right next door offered the $5 event parking anyway, even with no voucher? But that may have been two years ago.

I seem to be remembering last year that the parking vouchers didn't pop up very early. It seemed like it was the weekend before convention that the link was added . I also thought that last year the garages right next door offered the $5 event parking anyway, even with no voucher? But that may have been two years ago.

If you find it this year, can you let me know? Last year I looked everywhere for that voucher and never found it, and neither did some of my friends.