Menu

I have 3 Audible Credits

TKDmom

And I'm going ok a road trip tomorrow. Help me spend them. :)

The kids are 7-15, and I want some options that all of us would enjoy.

Also, DH has been reading Great Expectations to the older ones, so if you have a favorite narrator for that, let me know.

Do you have girls or boys? Audible just got the Little House Series, and they are great recordings.

I've got two of each. My older ones loved little house when they were younger. DS11 devoured the whole series a year or two ago. My youngest hasn't read them yet. Listening to Little House in the Big Woods would be fun!

I just added Susan Wise Bauer's Story of Science to my wish list. We have so many titles to get through before I can spend again but we'll get there! :D

I have that one. I've listened to some, but I think the kids would be bored by it. That's one of those books that would work better in print I think. [emoji53]

It's a short book but my family really liked A Year Down Yonder. Funny stuff! I can't remember how old my kids were the first time I read that aloud. They're grown but I still reread it.

I haven't heard of that one before! Off to check it out...[emoji16]

ETA: It looks like this is a sequel to A Long Way from Chicago. Does it stand on its own? Or should we listen to the other book first?

Edited by TKDmom

I haven't heard of that one before! Off to check it out...[emoji16]

ETA: It looks like this is a sequel to A Long Way from Chicago. Does it stand on its own? Or should we listen to the other book first?

It's a stand alone. It's just a set of stories about a girl going to live with her grandmother during the depression. I think the Chicago one about both her and her brother spending summers there. They're both good but it's A Year Down Yonder I've read the most.

There is one story that mentions a woman running down the street naked but it's not graphic and it's not focused on that. I can give you a little more information but it would spoil the story.

• Like 1