Menu

I chickened out

Night Elf

My hair was long, way down to the middle of my back at least. I've been thinking of getting it cut for over a year. So about two months ago, I went in thinking to get it shoulder length. I chickened out and had them cut off 5-6 inches and it was still well below my shoulders. So I have continued to think of short hair, except I'd like to go really short like an inch below my ear. I spent a while this morning looking at short cuts for women over 50 and found two I really liked. I printed them out and went to the salon. By the time I got there, I couldn't do it. Instead, I got it cut just below the shoulder with long layers. The only style I have is wearing my hair in a pony tail. That's why I wanted to go shorter, so I could get rid of the pony tail. With it being below the shoulder, I'll still wear my pony tail because I don't like my hair falling into my face. So maybe in a couple of months, I can go in and get it above the shoulder. Maybe by the fall I'll feel ready to get it cut short. :)

• Like 3

I cut mine short after realizing that the only thing I ever did with it was pull it into a pony tail. It looks so much better short and is so easy. I can't do between-length styles, my hair is not co-operative and never looks good. But I am a huge fan of short cuts.

The only downside is needing to get it cut regularly.

I got mine cut a couple months ago.  It was down past my waist at the time.  It ended up shorter than I had planned, just above my shoulder.  I am enjoying it being shorter, but was a bit frustrated at first that I couldn't put it in a ponytail for workouts.  It is now just long enough to put back.  I really don't want to go in every month or so to keep getting it cut, so I plan to grow it out again.