Menu

Youngest Kid Finished His Math Book . . .

And I got the satisfaction of throwing away the TM that I have used five times.  :hurray:

I was going to burn it, but decided to just quietly let it go out with the trash.  :coolgleamA:

(The company issued a new edition this year, but I'd already purchased the old edition workbook, thankfully. No one else would want my old edition TM.)

I'm looking forward to reclaiming the shelf space these bulky math TMs have taken up. One book, one year at a time.  :gnorsi:

It is hard with some programs & books to say goodbye, but not these.  :leaving:

• Like 20

And I got the satisfaction of throwing away the TM that I have used five times.  :hurray:

I was going to burn it, but decided to just quietly let it go out with the trash.  :coolgleamA:

(The company issued a new edition this year, but I'd already purchased the old edition workbook, thankfully. No one else would want my old edition TM.)

I'm looking forward to reclaiming the shelf space these bulky math TMs have taken up. One book, one year at a time.  :gnorsi:

It is hard with some programs & books to say goodbye, but not these.  :leaving:

:hurray: :hurray: Hurray!

[but, I'm sure you meant you put it in the RECYCLING bin, and not the trash...] lol  :tongue_smilie:

[but, I'm sure you meant you put it in the RECYCLING bin, and not the trash...] lol :tongue_smilie:

Nope. Our recycling is very strict. The TM has a big metal binding that they would not allow in with the paper. I'd have to take wire cutters to it or tear every sheet out to put it with the paper recyclables. Either one would call attention to what I was doing with it - and youngest ds would hide it under his bed so it wouldn't go out the door.

Our recycling company won't take glass or most plastic and the guy who picks them up will reject your whole pile if one thing doesn't meet his specs (plastic in with cardboard, container with a cap on it, container not fully cleaned out -which takes a ton of water for some stuff). Then, the trash guys will just toss all of it into the trash truck. I could go on, but I won't. I definitely threw the book away in the trash.

• Like 1

K-6, we use Abeka. The way I use it gives the kids a good math foundation, but teaching addition-with-regrouping (carrying), subtraction, long-division, percents . . . it is draining when you do it five times over (with my kids, at least).

Just  :svengo: and  :willy_nilly:  and  :banghead:  some days (especially  :banghead:  on long division days). 

• Like 1

We use BJU for math from K-4 and between the TG, the manipulatives packets, the workbooks (and for some years, the review and test guides) those babies take up a TON of shelf space!!  I am so glad to get them off my shelf, a year at a time! :)

• Like 1