Menu

Accountability Thread: 4/2-4/8

I have two more days of break--today and tomorrow. On one of those days I need to write out the week's schedule. Maybe I'll do that this afternoon. Other than that, I need to make the grocery list, cook a few things and write three hours. I think that's plenty.

• Like 2

Good morning!

39 weeks. This is my last full week of teaching school (unless interrupted by baby). We only do school Monday and Tuesday of Holy Week since we are in church so much Weds through the Monday after. We'll take off most of Bright week too.

Hoping to round out a bunch of things this week, get to good stopping places, and organize the school books so they are ready for us whenever we get back to them.

DS needs Greek

All kids need math & phonics/handwriting

They have computer/independent work while I check each content subject and set up either to teach from bed with a baby or for DH/my mom to go over with the kids.

A bunch of printing and filing needs to get done still.

3rd quarter grades need to be filled out (oops) <-- my biggest accountability issue for today. It's a must do.

• Like 2

Good morning, Accountables!

Today's schedule:

French-lesson 15, DVD, workbook, review

Latin-lesson 12, DVD, workbook, review

Math-lesson 1, half-lesson, 1 pg KTD

Grammar/Composition-new spelling words, grammar lesson (reviews parsing), WWS week 15, Day 1

That's it. We finished History and Science before we had spring break. I debated whether or not to start summer history or science, and then I asked myself, "What if I just do nothing? What is it likely that the boys will do?" And then I said, "They will watch science documentaries for fun. They will watch history documentaries for fun if I get them. They will write like crazy things. They will draw and paint. And build castles of stone in the creek." All of that sounded pretty fun and educational to me, so I decided to give them those hours free and see what they do.

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Housekeeping, Writing, Writers' Meeting.

• Like 2

For my oldest, we he cried/fussed his way through everything yesterday and started off with a bad attitude again today. He is eating me out of house and home and, although I know he does not do well with routine changes (unavoidable right now), I think most of this must be a growth spurt or something because his personality is way out of whack. I can't wait until it passes. Naps and sandwiches until then. After two "naps" (laying on his bed staring at the ceiling and sulking), and some shoveling, he was able to do all his work. 

6 year old made herself a check list of all her normal school work, put it in a sheet protector, and then completed everything on the list. She actually put 2 math programs on her list which is awesome because she does not like working on math. She did both today woohoo! I'm planning to use daily checklists for all her subjects next fall. She is just so that kind of kid. 

My 4 year old has been demanding all my time during school. He is insatiable right now. He finished Singapore Essentials A just 8 days after it arrived, and has been driving me batty looking for school work for the last week. We played math games, we started xtramath on extended time, we learned the abacus. Finally, Essentials B came in the mail today. I told him it was coming after breakfast and he sat in the window waiting for the delivery truck lol. At the rate he is going, I should probably just order him 1A now. I'll lose my mind if I run out of work he likes again. 

The main thing I was supposed to do yesterday -- grades and work samples -- I completely didn't do. It would only take about 30-45 minutes if I just sucked it up but I drag it out and let it torture me for days and always end up submitting late :-p Realistically, I probably won't do it until tomorrow.

• Like 2

Good morning. Today's schedule:

French-continue lesson 15, workbook, review

Latin-continue lesson 12, workbook, review

Math-finish lesson 1, KTD if any is left (new math books have been ordered)

Grammar/Comp-spelling practice, grammar exercise, WWS day 2

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Cooking

• Like 1

I'm losing motivation on school here. I just want the kids to get through the basics and then spend as much time outside as possible today. Although we have a long way until we see the ground, the snow is starting to melt off. Pretty exciting.

If it is warm enough for my fingers, I might go sit outside too and read a book. I miss sunlight.

• Like 2

Cadence, we will be expecting regular baby reports! But yes, you should take off and rest up.

Today's schedule:

Nap

Sleep

Another nap

Snooze in the sun

Afternoon stroll through the house

Evening nap

Oh--no, that's the cat's schedule. Think she'd trade with me?

• Like 2

This is the only place I check in so I'll be accountable for baby growing and reporting instead of school now :)

I'd take the cat's schedule today, but my kids are surely going to want to eat.. And more than once! oh they are so demanding :)

Light school

Midwife

Outside play time

Cleaning/napping/dinner

• Like 2

Today's schedule:

(Still wishing I could imitate the cat today)

French-quiz

Latin-continue lesson, review grammar/vocabulary

Math-lesson 3

Grammar/Composition-spelling quiz, grammar exercise on something that was really interesting (now I can't remember), and WWS Day 4. We are into describing people, and I've presented it as the perfect set of exercises for a creative writer to hone character description. It's all in the sell!

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping

ETA: Oh, drat. Also remembered that this is Weekly Planning day: so add school planning and grocery list to my to-do pile.  And linens. It's linens day.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

We did school. I think mostly everything was accomplished for everyone.. although now that I type this I don't know that DD did math. She was being a punk about it because yesterday her 4 y ear old brother scored higher than her on xtramath :( Poor thing. She is used to being the best at everything without necessarily having to work hard.  Math is going to be a sore spot over the next year. 

Now the kids are outside playing. That is a success in my book. The sun looks lovely. I got a book in the mail - Guillaume Musso's Central Park. The book is a large format and the font is really large compared to what I have been reading lately. I must be getting old because I am so excited --it looks really comfortable to read lol :)   I'm going to throw on a sweatshirt and go read it on the balcony. 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

• Like 2

Well, I got most of it done. Did not get to Latin or Geometry today, so it appears that I will have homework for myself tomorrow. But I got the grocery list done and the planning for next week finished. And housekeeping. We've got a sick chicken today that isn't doing well at all, and that has definitely made the day rather stressful and long.

• Like 2