Menu

Skipping from WWE2 to WWE4

Trilliumlady

I personally couldn't imagine how my dd would have been able to skip WWE 3. That would have overwhelmed her. Each level seems to increase quite significantly in difficulty of both the reading passage and dictation. I was also one year behind (we started with WWE 2 in 3rd grade). But I basically doubled the pace in WWE 2 so we finished it mid-year and started WWE 3. We just did narration and dictation on one day instead of 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think WWE 3 has some fun stories not to be missed :)

We spread WWE 2,3,4 out over 4 years. So WWE 4 is done mostly in 5th. I also throw in some writing strands. Works for us. Don't be afraid to spread WWE out and/or skip weeks if it becomes monotonous.

Kristen

• Like 2

I would not skip 3 to go to 4.

Seconding the thought about good lit and more challenging dictations.

Also about spacing in other writing as you work through WWE. My older child did that with CAP's Fable and skipped WWE 4 for other options.

SWB has posted in the Pinned thread at the top of the K-8 board about kids who may not need to do WWE 4, but are not ready for WWS 1. 

I personally couldn't imagine how my dd would have been able to skip WWE 3. That would have overwhelmed her. Each level seems to increase quite significantly in difficulty of both the reading passage and dictation. I was also one year behind (we started with WWE 2 in 3rd grade). But I basically doubled the pace in WWE 2 so we finished it mid-year and started WWE 3. We just did narration and dictation on one day instead of 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we do the narration and dictation for Days 1 and 2 on one day and leave one school day (out of 4 for my younger)

for more creative writing.