Menu

Reporting scam calls?

MEmama

In my state you report to the Attorney General, they have an online form.

However, many times these calls come from phone numbers that are masked. I've gotten them from numbers that appeared to be my own, were off a digit from my own, from my town but with the wrong prefix or wrong area code.

• Like 1

Here we could call the police or the attorney general's office. But either way, I do hope you'll report it. When there's a new scam our police will post about it on their Facebook page and it really helps get the word out so people aren't scammed. Even though you might see through it, an elderly person might not. So hopefully you reporting it will get the word out. 

• Like 1

Here we could call the police or the attorney general's office. But either way, I do hope you'll report it. When there's a new scam our police will post about it on their Facebook page and it really helps get the word out so people aren't scammed. Even though you might see through it, an elderly person might not. So hopefully you reporting it will get the word out.

Good to know. I will then.

It was "from the IRS" who "threatened my arrest" (on voicemail!). Even though it's obviously a scam it still unnerved me, and of course they work on an awful lot of people. Ugh.

• Like 1

Good to know. I will then.

It was "from the IRS" who "threatened my arrest" (on voicemail!). Even though it's obviously a scam it still unnerved me, and of course they work on an awful lot of people. Ugh.

Wow, that's pretty terrible.

We get so many calls we have all kinds of blocking this or that to stop it.  It's crazy.

I love the ones that claim they are my credit card company and want to lower my rates.  Sure ya do....

• Like 1