Menu

Are Facebook and Twitter under attack (06 March 2017)?

Lanny

Is anyone else getting Security Warnings today, when going to the web sites of Facebook and Twitter to log into their accounts? I have been getting these warnings since about 6 A.M., E.S.T. and it is now 135 P.M.  I am getting these from Google Chrome and also from Mozilla Firefox, so am guessing those web sites are under an attack.  I was able to log into several other web sites, without any issues, so the problem is not local to me.

Thanks to both of you for responding!    I have the Twitter App on my Android phone and got into Twitter on that without any issues. On this Windows 7 Mobile Workstation, I am getting those Security Warnings, for both Twitter and Facebook.  I do not have any urgent need to be on either of those web sites, so will just be patient. Thanks again for responding!

• Like 1

This morning (07 March 2017) I was able to get into both Facebook and Twitter without any problem. That's about 24 hours after I began trying that yesterday. I believe there was a massive attack yesterday, but have not seen anything about an attack in the news, so I'm not sure. Both web sites, because of their huge traffic are obvious targets for major attacks.