Menu

Science curriculum - like Steve Spangler Science

mommysanders

This year we have used Steve Spangler Science. I love that a box shows up at our door each month and includes all the materials and tools we need to explore science. I may use it again next year, but I am wondering if there are any other similar options out there? Since we are expats, my husband's company will reimburse it, so money is not a factor. I want something open and go, and engaging for my very bright 6-year-old. Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with Steve Spangler.  (Will look it up later because I'm intrigued.)

However, from what you described you may like something like Groovy Lab science in a box.  I just got my first one last month and the kids liked it.  My 4 year was bored though.  We didn't finish it.  There was more than one experiment in the box.

You also may like Kiwi crate.  We have really enjoyed those so far.  There are different boxes for different ages.  Tinker crate, Kiwi crate, Doodle crate, and Koala crate. 

Then there's Ivy Kids.  Got 2 waiting to be opened.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with Steve Spangler.  (Will look it up later because I'm intrigued.)

However, from what you described you may like something like Groovy Lab science in a box.  I just got my first one last month and the kids liked it.  My 4 year was bored though.  We didn't finish it.  There was more than one experiment in the box.

You also may like Kiwi crate.  We have really enjoyed those so far.  There are different boxes for different ages.  Tinker crate, Kiwi crate, Doodle crate, and Koala crate. 

Then there's Ivy Kids.  Got 2 waiting to be opened.....

Thanks! These are all great ideas. I forgot about kiwi and tinker crates!