Menu

BJU Press Science--pros/cons/likes/dislikes

mamamoose

I am really looking for something more comprehensive than what we have been using for science, especially for my coming 6th grader. We have used Apologia and Memoria Press, and while I really like it, I don't think she's getting as broad an education as necessary. Maybe that's just a hang up of mine and not the reality, but I'm seriously considering BJU Press. I also think I like the idea of the DVDs/videos, because it would be a subject she could do without a lot of input from me maybe? Have you used it with/without the videos? Thanks for your input!

Erin

I think you can't go wrong with BJU Science. We've used God's Design Science, Memoria Press, etc., but my little man is liking BJU (Life Science 7, 3rd Edition) the best over all of the other programs. It's one of his most independent studies. We only use the texts and the Investigations DVD (for the labs). We both find it to be comprehensive, interesting, and... well composed [his words]. He enjoys Mrs. Vick in the lab videos—looks forward to them.

Edited by NCAmusings

Loved BJU 6th and using 7th now. We use the DVDs because I know he'll get more science than I can do on my own. There is quite a bit of religious content in the videos that I find the amount of to be unnecessary even for a Christian program. 

Our co-op is using 6th without DVDs, and the parents are loving the program at home. We do the labs at the co-op. 

Loved BJU 6th and using 7th now. We use the DVDs because I know he'll get more science than I can do on my own. There is quite a bit of religious content in the videos that I find the amount of to be unnecessary even for a Christian program.

Our co-op is using 6th without DVDs, and the parents are loving the program at home. We do the labs at the co-op.

Do they heavily preach young earth?