Menu

favorite diaper bag?

ktgrok

Last kid I fell in love with the JuJuBe BFF. I may just get another one but before I do, thought I'd ask for opinions. I want big enough to carry cloth diapers, wipes, wallet, phone, etc. Plus room for water bottles for the big kids, or a sippy cup, etc. I liked that the BFF opened all the way up in front so that I could see what was in there, rather than digging around aimlessly. 

Edited by ktgrok

I've used the same Skip Hop Duo bag for my first 3.  Trying to decide if I will stick with it.  It is definitely sturdy though, and looks still basically new.  I got a black one because my DH was going to use it as well.  I can't find the exact version (I bought 8 years ago) but this is similar:

https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Signature-Messenger-Convertible/dp/B018996ZKC/ref=sr_1_32_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1486091820&sr=1-32&keywords=skip+hop+duo

Pockets are a bit on the small side but can hold water bottles/sippy cups that are thinner.  Would hold cloth diapers, don't know how many you want though. There were enough separate pockets/zippers I always have room for keys etc. 

• Like 1

I've used the same Skip Hop Duo bag for my first 3.  Trying to decide if I will stick with it.  It is definitely sturdy though, and looks still basically new.  I got a black one because my DH was going to use it as well.  I can't find the exact version (I bought 8 years ago) but this is similar:

https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Signature-Messenger-Convertible/dp/B018996ZKC/ref=sr_1_32_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1486091820&sr=1-32&keywords=skip+hop+duo

Pockets are a bit on the small side but can hold water bottles/sippy cups that are thinner.  Would hold cloth diapers, don't know how many you want though. There were enough separate pockets/zippers I always have room for keys etc. 

That was the one I had before I got the JuJuBe one! A little harder to get into, and got a bit dirtier, but I liked it. I think I switched to the JuJuBe one because I had two in diapers, now that I think about it. 

• Like 1

I use messenger bags meant for school kids. I don't like a huge bag, and these usually have lots of little pockets and are just the right width for cloth diapers. They are sturdy, washable,  really available, cute, but not babyish, and cheap. 

For real diaper bags, I like flamenco. The plastic coating is so thick and nice.

• Like 1

I hated the JuJuBe. It was heavy, stiff, and the strap ripped within a month (but outside amazon's return, grrr). I have been using a Kipling Europa (I think the Erica is the same style?) which isn't a diaper bag per se. I found that I carried much less with my last two kids than I did my first two! :) We cloth diapered as well. I keep a big bucket of supplies in the car in the floor space under the baby seat. The Europa is big enough for me to use a camera case insert and take my DSLR when we go to Disney, but it's lightweight and smooshes when it's not full.