Menu

Roadtrip USA

Coco_Clark

Has anyone ever used Roadtrip USA by Confessions of a Homeschooler?   Thoughts?  I'm looking at using it for children in K, K, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th.

Or is there another US geography curriculum you like better?  I'd like something interesting (not just state birds and flowers over and over) but easy to pull together.

I tried using it for our family a couple years ago but ended up moving on to something else. It was basically a notebooking page with the state bird, flower, flag, etc. to color and maybe some info to fill in, IIRC. You also needed a few of the If You Were There When_____ books for the history part. I think a recipe was usually scheduled in for each state, as well as further reading from a list of recommended books. She also had a bunch of animal cards divided up according to region that you would add to an animal board. I'm sure it could be a fun program, and as I'm typing this out I'm wondering why we didn't use it, lol. It seems like dd got tired of the notebooking pages, as they are very similar to each other.

Edited by mykidsrmyjoy

I have it, but it looked boring to me--lots of similar state info pages, with not much history. Perhaps it would be nice if you added a few Yesterday's Classics type American history readers with it. I preferred (and used) MFW's Adventures in American History. Roadtrip kind of based her curriculum off of MFW's, but MFW is kind of expensive if you only want the history portion with the notebooking pages.