Menu

GF / Paleo folks - Arrowroot Flour?

frugalmamatx

Last week in my green chef trial box I tried an excellent paleo friendly chicken tender / nugget recipe that used Arrowroot flour as the breading. I want to make it again but can't find arrowroot flour anywhere other than Amazon, and I really need to purchase locally not online. Any ideas? I've tried Walmart & HEB so far, checking both in the baking aisle and the GF section. 

We've found Arrowroot flour at HEB. I believe it's the Bob's Red Mill brand and its in the baking aisle, at the end with all of the other specialty flours. Does your store have a health aisle, where they have things like Larabars, kombucha drinks, all-natural soaps/shampoos, and lots of vitamins? (This is separate from the medicine/vitamin aisle.) My store has bulk bins in this "health" aisle, and they may have it there. If you can't find it in any of those places, I'd try Central Market first.

Also, have you tried tapioca flour? I think it can be used as a substitute for arrowroot, but I haven't cooked enough with either to know the difference.

ETA: You can go on HEB's website and search for products. After you've located what you're looking for, you can select your store and then it should tell you what aisle the product is on, if they have it.

Edited by Vintage81