Menu

looking for opinions on Conceptual Academy

specifically Physics.  

My daughter struggled through Biology (Apologia part way through....and finished up with Biology 101)  but we made it through.  She is doing well with Friendly Chemistry.  So now we are onto Physics.  I am strongly considering Conceptional Physics.  It looks good.  It looks hard enough, without being too hard.  But I would love to hear from others who have actually used this program.  Can you please give me all opinions...the good...the bad...and hopefully not the ugly. :) 

thank you very much!!

We used Conceptual Academy for Physical Science.  My dd really liked the instructor and we were pretty happy with the program.  It was a newer course and there were some errors in the quizzes which weren't fixed, but they were very responsive and nice to work with.  Sorry I can't help you with the actual physics course.

Yeah, I think so. The books have been around, but not the Academy. Dancer used some of the videos for Conceptual Chemistry and enjoyed them. We just used what was available for free. We didn´t purchase the course though, so didn´t use the other resources such as quizzes, etc.

We used them last year.  The quizzes were a mess, repeating the same few questions in a row (out of 5), asking ridiculous questions like what color sled (something like that) was in the video.

DD was in 10th grade and had trouble comprehending the concepts from the text.  She started out liking physics and ended up hating it.

Sigh.

We used them last year.  The quizzes were a mess, repeating the same few questions in a row (out of 5), asking ridiculous questions like what color sled (something like that) was in the video.

DD was in 10th grade and had trouble comprehending the concepts from the text.  She started out liking physics and ended up hating it.

Sigh.

We did have some issues with the quizzes, but I thought it was just because it was a new course.  When we brought up the problem with John Suchocki he told us that he was busy and would look at the issues later (like a month or longer from the time we pointed out the problems) with his wife before sending them to the developer because of the cost involved.  We weren't happy with that response, but were happy with the course overall.

Edited by Erica H
  • Like 1