Menu

Help for Singapore math parents??

I am really struggling and would really appreciate any help.  We are pretty committed to Singapore math.  However, I have a very rough foundation in math.  I am hoping to be the primary math teacher for as long as I can, but my husband is the backup plan.  With that being said, is there any help besides the Home Instructor's Guide for helping parents to grasp the concepts?  We are only in Primary Mathematics 1B and it seems like I already have to spend way too much time trying to figure out what the Guide is saying.  I wish it was more scripted.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

Math in Focus is a colorful, textbook version of Singapore. It's like a teacher' guide and student text wrapped into one. They have separate TMs, but I have never used them. They are cheap on Amazon, and align closely with your Singapore books, so you can supplement with one and see how you like it. Look at Rainbow Resource for samples. http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=047455

Edited by ondreeuh