Menu

Blood sugar 5yo

ReadingMama1214

DD has been to the doctors twice this week for frequent urination. They initially thought it might be bacterial and sent it out to be checked by the lab. It came back clean and they called us back in. Her urine was clean again but her blood sugar was elevated. It was 170 an hour after she ate a small breakfast (2 cuties clementines and a handful of cereal). They had her fast last night and planned to do a fasting sugar check and an A1C and hemoglobin panel. Her veins were tiny tiny and they did the finger prick and her fasting sugar was 88. They decided not to do the blood draw since her fasting was fine. We go back Friday for another fasting blood check. They're pretty confident she's not diabetic but want me to keep an eye out for symptoms. Has anyone had a kiddo diagnosed after a normal fasting check? It seems so unlikely, but shes still urinating frequently.

I have not. After 2-3 weeks of frequent urination and bed wetting, DD's blood sugar was over 600 (non fasting) when she was diagnosed. Is your DD also extremely thirsty and or hungry or losing weight? and when she urinates is it an abnormally large amount of liquid? Those would be other tale tell signs of diabetes. Hoping she doesn't have it and you can figure out the source! (Maybe kidney issues?)

I have not. After 2-3 weeks of frequent urination and bed wetting, DD's blood sugar was over 600 (non fasting) when she was diagnosed. Is your DD also extremely thirsty and or hungry or losing weight? and when she urinates is it an abnormally large amount of liquid? Those would be other tale tell signs of diabetes. Hoping she doesn't have it and you can figure out the source! (Maybe kidney issues?)

She's not excessively thirsty. She's been drinking as normal and both my kids drink a lot of water. But it's dry out and they tend to drink a lot of water. She'll see a urologist if the issues continue with peeing.