Menu

I'm saying a prayer for a wonderful, calm, happy, EASY Christmas morning for all of us with special needs kiddos...

6packofun

I was just thinking today about how many parents must approach Christmas morning with both hope and fear because they just don't know how their child(ren) will handle the emotions and excitement and even stress of the day.  Our ds can be a real selfish booger, honestly, and doesn't handle any disappointment well. His tics are in high gear because he's just so dang hyped up!  LOL

My prayer for all of us is that it's a GOOD day, whatever that looks like for YOU and your family.  Peace be with us all!   :laugh:

• Like 7

Sending lots of happy thoughts and wishes your way!  And to all the other folks who have extra "stuff" to deal with during these holidays.

I coach skiing and have 3 extra "stuff" kids this year (ages 7/8).  They are soooo squirrelly right now with melt-downs and grumbles.  We are doing a lot of singing silly songs while we ski (not holiday ones) and going extra fast to help keep them distracted, but I can just imagine how parents and teachers struggle this time of year when schedules get out of whack.

Hugs!  

• Like 1

Thank you, prayers right back at you.

My dd has stated she is afraid to ruin Christmas. I've been reassuring her that she can't ruin Christmas because we all love her and will help her through any emotions she's feeling. We've been talking daily about her concerns and how we can address them before they boil over. Her biggest concern is that the baby come on Christmas morning and they don't get to come down the stairs and open presents in the morning. We've discussed possible solutions for all scenarios revolving around baby coming early.

This is the most proactive we've been for any holiday and I really hope it works. But if it doesn't we'll just roll with the punches and enjoy the day when we can.

• Like 2

Thank you, prayers right back at you.

My dd has stated she is afraid to ruin Christmas. I've been reassuring her that she can't ruin Christmas because we all love her and will help her through any emotions she's feeling. We've been talking daily about her concerns and how we can address them before they boil over. Her biggest concern is that the baby come on Christmas morning and they don't get to come down the stairs and open presents in the morning. We've discussed possible solutions for all scenarios revolving around baby coming early.

This is the most proactive we've been for any holiday and I really hope it works. But if it doesn't we'll just roll with the punches and enjoy the day when we can.

We pretty much promise the kids additional presents at that point - a Christmas sibling means they get pancakes at grandma's, their normal presents, an extra special big sibling gift they get to pick out for themselves, AND the new baby.

Many prayers have been offered for another Christmas sibling ;)

Hugs to everyone handling sensitive kids and holiday meltdowns! I think I'm the one closest to a meltdown in this house, thankfully :(