Menu

Any recommendations for packable earbuds or ear phones...

jak of in

Looking for earbuds or ear phones for my dd (24) for Christmas. She wants them to be compact, packable, good for travel, and comfortable. There are so many choices! I would like to stay under $40, if possible.

Any suggestions? 

I saw these on The Grommet: https://www.thegrommet.com/gifts/her/redesign. They look interesting, but I don't know if they are worth $39.95 and if they will last. Has anyone here tried these earbuds? 

Is she using for listening to music or for handsfree talking? For handsfree talking, I used the earbuds that came with the phone so the apple one for my old iPhone and the Amazon one for my use as spare fire phone. That is because of compatibility issues.

If it is just for listening to music, the Amazon tangle free earbuds and the tangle free ones at Target all works well. They don't sound as good as the bulkier and pricier headsets but I can easily put one or two set of earbuds in my jacket pocket/ jeans pocket/ handbag and it doesn't take up space. The tangle free does stay tangle free so it was nice not having to waste time untangling.

I got these for my dd for Christmas. Not sure how well they work yet but they have awesome reviews. And they're unique. 

I buy these a few sets at a time because they tend to disappear around here. They have great sound quality for the price and I don't cry if they get misplaced. 

I looked at the exact ones you posted on Grommet a few weeks ago but didn't pull the trigger. I did get this though so she would have somewhere to store her phone and earbuds since she doesn't carry a purse. 

https://www.thegrommet.com/sprigs-banjees-two-pocket-wallets

Edited by texasmom33

I've found myself using my LG Tone Pro for everything since I got them: wireless calls, listening to podcasts, running music, whatever. My favorite feature is that I can easily pop them out when someone speaks to me, yet they are still hanging around my neck, and not in my way, the next time I look for them.