Menu

Prepping for any interview for a professional job! any tips....

Prairie~Phlox

Comfortable dress slacks - or if you like skirts, a conservative style skirt, blouse and Blazer.

Just coming around now to add more:

Check out "Interview Magic" online. I think it is free now and can be downloaded. If not PM me. I think I have it on a doc I could probably email you.

Questions you ask will likely be very specific to the field but the above referenced resource also has an abundance of tips regarding what to ask / what not to ask.

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 1

I've worked the last few years and the last interview I had was a phone interview, so that really doesn't count.  Any good tips on prepping for an interview for a professional job that one doesn't even 100% qualify for except for the piece of college paper. 

Questions that I make sure I ask would be good as well.  I'm doing some research online.

Be prepared to ask some questions--but not questions that you can find the answer to online.  Questions like "What do you see as the biggest challenge Company will face in the next three years?" or "What is your favorite part of working at Company?" are often good--but it can vary depending on the industry and type of job.  

Be prepared to answer a range of questions--especially ways you can turn your experience homeschooling or with other activities into ways in which you demonstrate skills needed for the job.  If the job is related to your college degree but you have been out of school for a number of years, think of ways you can show that you are famlliar with recent developments in the industry.

Good luck!