Menu

$99 BJU recorded video lesson sale (we only use science)

Timberly

http://www.bjupresshomeschool.com/product/410233

BJU Distance Learning Online's annual $99 sale has begun. It ends Dec. 13, 2016. Student can access recorded video lessons until December 31, 2017. This special does not include textbooks.

​NT DS13 did videos, plus textbooks, for 6th grade General Science, 7th grade Life Science, and 8th grade Earth and Space. There's NO WAY my learning challenges DS12 could handle anything more than just watching the videos. Well, I guess we could bag Barton, Math, and composition, and then he could handle the textbook. But since his goal is just exposure, he thoroughly enjoys these fun classes.

Dyslexic DS12 did BJU's fabulous 6th grade General Science video class two years in a row. For DS12's 5th grade school year, Mrs. Vick was the teacher. For DS12's 6th grade school year, Mrs. Ericson and Mr Harmon are the video teachers.

Edited by Timberly
  • Like 1

Can I ask if the science is religious?

Everything from BJU is religious.  Fundamentalist Baptist - strict creation view.

ETA - The $99 is per class, there are samples of the videos on their website.

Edited by CinV

Agreeing with the original poster.

The regular online course for the schoolyear starts about July and goes through Dec. of the next year (18 months). In Dec. they put these on sale for $99 with only 12 months access and non-traditional schoolyear timing.

My 13 year old dyslexic is just finishing life science - she watches the videos. We tried doing some of the book, but dropped the book in favor of just the videos. She does the tests by her choice as I've told her she doesn't have to. She has learned a ton from just the video instruction - daily ( about 180 days) of 30 min videos. Her younger brother who is also dyslexic has also loved watching the videos with her.

I just signed up for Earth and Space for her and BJU 6th grade for him to watch streaming. He started the 6th grade today and it looks very engaging.