Menu

Need help with boy gifts--teens and also younger

Harriet Vane

Okay folks. I have 19 (yes, n-i-n-e-t-e-e-n) nieces and nephews. And I buy for each one. :banghead:

They get one box of combined Christmas and birthday gifts. They are all wrapped appropriately to differentiate what is for which occasion. I am horrible at shopping and even more horrible at mailing things, so with this many kids in the family I just. cannot. keep. up. One box (with lots of love) gets the torture of shopping and shipping over in one fell blow for me.

So, down to brass tacks. I have the Christmas gifts for the boys covered. I scored some designer leather wallets super-cheap at Marshalls. Awesome.

The girls are getting silver necklaces for Christmas. And I ordered some handmade soap in lots of lovely flavors for their birthdays. The soap looks fancy and expensive and smells beautiful, but only cost me $6 per bar. I may throw in a crocheted washcloth also.

I need some equivalent for the boys in the family. My son told me under no circumstances am I allowed to buy his male cousins any stupid soap. I want something cheap but that carries some bang and seems like a nice gift. Boys are ages twentysomething, 18-in-the-military, 17, 17, 14, 14, 10, 7.

Any suggestions? I wondered about heading back to Marshalls for ties? I hate shopping and am at my wit's end, but I do love them dearly.

Thanks!

The only thing I can think of that is comparable to soap is Axe.  There is a men's line that might work for the 20 something and older teens.  You'd still need to come up with something for the 7 year old and possibly the 10 year old.  Although, the 10 year old would probably prefer Axe to a tie, unless it is a Star Wars or other themed tie.  :001_smile:   

• Like 1

I got my DS 14 a pair of these Virtual Reality goggles. I have no idea if they work or now, but they are getting good reviews from other sites. Google sells them 2 for $25. This was the cheapest price I could find after a quick search.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-virtual-reality-viewer/5403414.p?skuId=5403414&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4JnCBRDQ5be3nKCPhpwBEiQAjwN1bk3h-rN-90nWcd7IrCBV2SWErCzHy2cAesdEpxl1e5EaAoSH8P8HAQ#tab=buyingOptions?bof=openbox&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=12375d92-4b46-4522-88ec-7df34150c798&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg218887&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

• Like 1