Menu

Things I am NOT doing this year

Moxie

We've scaled waayyy back.  In a previous post I listed our 12 days of Christmas gifts, basically 12 super small gifts or family outings over 12 subsequent days instead of the usual build up to Christmas morning with 3 minutes of unwrapping chaos.  I also let the kids put up the decorations.  All of them.  I didn't micromanage. The back of our tree isn't decorated.  I. don't. care.  Oh, and they forgot to add lights to the tree, so no lights this year. ;)  

Christmas Day falls on a Sunday, so instead of our usual Christmas dinner fare we will have junk foods in crockpots, after morning worship service.  Things like cocktail weenies and Velveeta cheese dip.  Breakfast will be mini cereal boxes and other junk foods in the stockings.  I'm not cooking.

One thing we did do this year was minimal lights on the house.  This was the first year we've had outdoor lighting, so everyone is giddy about it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic