Menu

I'm running in the Detroit Marathon Relay tomorrow!!!!

It's my first race since college and I'm SOOOO nervous! My leg is 6 miles. I've only run 6 miles three times.

I'm running with four other women from our church - there's me, a woman who just had a baby 6 months ago, a woman who is 20 weeks pregnant, a REALLY good runner (doing the 7.4 mile leg), and a beginner (running the 3 mile leg)

My leg is last. I get to run through "party central" - a fun neighborhood in Detroit. And, I get to cross the finish line!!! That makes me super excited and a little scared at the same time!!!

Anyway - if you could think of me, pray for me, offer me any last-minute advice, I'd appreciate it!!! The weather is supposed to be perfect - my favorite kind of running weather - low 50s and sunny.

Yay!! Good luck!

I did a 10K a few yrs back-my first competitive race since my mid-20's,I was doing well for*me*-until the end, whenI sprinted....and tore my rotator cuff-yes,that would be in the arm. Legs came out of it okay,though!

Leave it to me! Pumping those arms too fast!:D:tongue_smilie:

Anyway, good luck!!! Just watch the arms!:lol:

Smiles

It's my first race since college and I'm SOOOO nervous! My leg is 6 miles. I've only run 6 miles three times.

I'm running with four other women from our church - there's me, a woman who just had a baby 6 months ago, a woman who is 20 weeks pregnant, a REALLY good runner (doing the 7.4 mile leg), and a beginner (running the 3 mile leg)

My leg is last. I get to run through "party central" - a fun neighborhood in Detroit. And, I get to cross the finish line!!! That makes me super excited and a little scared at the same time!!!

Anyway - if you could think of me, pray for me, offer me any last-minute advice, I'd appreciate it!!! The weather is supposed to be perfect - my favorite kind of running weather - low 50s and sunny.

Best wishes! I sure do miss that city.

I'll be looking for your post race results. Have fun!

We'll see if I post them!!! LOL I'm looking forward to posting them!

Ooooohhhh!!! How exciting!

Have fun!

You can do it!:D

Thanks! I don't know how much fun it will be - at least not until afterward!

You will do great. Just keep in mind that it doesn't matter how fast you run, any time is a personal record. It takes all the pressure off!

Ohhh - I like this! I'll keep that in mind as I run tomorrow! Thanks!

Yay!! Good luck!

I did a 10K a few yrs back-my first competitive race since my mid-20's,I was doing well for*me*-until the end, whenI sprinted....and tore my rotator cuff-yes,that would be in the arm. Legs came out of it okay,though!

Leave it to me! Pumping those arms too fast!:D:tongue_smilie:

Anyway, good luck!!! Just watch the arms!:lol:

Smiles

Oh my!! What did you have to do for it? I'll also remember this tomorrow as I run!! :lol:

You'll do just fine. I always feel nervous before a race, but once I'm running the nervousness disappears.

Good luck and have fun!

Diann

I SO hope that happens!!! Thanks!

Aaaalright Jennifer!!! That's just fabulous! Look forward to hearing how it went for you. :hurray:

Thanks!! I'll be sure to update tomorrow!

Best wishes! I sure do miss that city.

Thanks! Where did you live? We're now in Grosse Pointe Park. I'm running from Belle Isle, through Indian Village, down Lafayette to Campus Martius (the finish). So, I get to see all parts of the city!

We'll see if I post them!!! LOL I'm looking forward to posting them!

Thanks! I don't know how much fun it will be - at least not until afterward!

Ohhh - I like this! I'll keep that in mind as I run tomorrow! Thanks!

Oh my!! What did you have to do for it? I'll also remember this tomorrow as I run!! :lol:

I SO hope that happens!!! Thanks!

Thanks!! I'll be sure to update tomorrow!

Thanks! Where did you live? We're now in Grosse Pointe Park. I'm running from Belle Isle, through Indian Village, down Lafayette to Campus Martius (the finish). So, I get to see all parts of the city!

I grew up in Ann Arbor (a few years) and mostly in Sterling Heights. I graduated from Wayne and my dad worked in the city for years. My whole family is still there but I moved away for a boy. I used to love Belle Isle!

Edited by Zelda
Because, "I've grew up...", is just inexcusable.