Menu

Orange Julius!

..and now for something completely different..

I haven't had an Orange Julius in 100 years, but we had some orange juice that wasn't getting finished, and a bottle of laban (yoghurt-milk drink) that was close to expiring, and this was the best I could come up with.. now I think I'm addicited! Especially after working in the garden, I toss it all in the blender with some vanilla, touch of sugar and a couple of trays of ice -- perfect!

Are the Orange Julius restaurants even around anymore? We used to have one in our local mall when I was growing up in Ky, but it closed a long time ago...

Yes, they are still around - at least in Colorado. The kids and I get them whenever we go to the mall and have a little extra $$. The girls and I prefer Strawberry, My husband and son usually get Orange. I've never tried to make them on my own though...

That's good to know!! Of course, I don't think, "Honey, can we go to Colorado on our next vacation so that I can get an Orange Julius?" will go over very well! :lol:

Interesting idea Kate.

We drink laban (aka doogh, abdugh, dugh) all the time.

I never would have thought about mixing it with orange juice. You are brave.

I'll give it a try. All the Orange Julius around here folded, but I sure remember going there in childhood.

Bill

..and now for something completely different..

I haven't had an Orange Julius in 100 years, but we had some orange juice that wasn't getting finished, and a bottle of laban (yoghurt-milk drink) that was close to expiring, and this was the best I could come up with.. now I think I'm addicited! Especially after working in the garden, I toss it all in the blender with some vanilla, touch of sugar and a couple of trays of ice -- perfect!

Are the Orange Julius restaurants even around anymore? We used to have one in our local mall when I was growing up in Ky, but it closed a long time ago...

We have at least one in the San Francisco Bay Area!