Menu

Okay, everybody, I just have to say this...

I think we all need to take a look at SWB's post that states specific guidelines for behavior while posting on political topics, because I think we've forgotten what she told us. (And this goes for those on ALL sides of the political arena.)

ETA: And, to those that are abiding by the rules, thank you for your kindness. :001_smile:

Edited by LisaNY

I think we all need to take a look at SWB's post that states specific guidelines for behavior while posting on political topics, because I think we've forgotten what she told us. (And this goes for those on ALL sides of the political arena.)

Bravo, Lisa, for this reminder. When posters care so very deeply about their causes/opinions/candidates it is all too easy to slide into an unnecessarily heated and volatile argument rather than a productive debate.

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." :D

When posters care so very deeply about their causes/opinions/candidates it is all too easy to slide into an unnecessarily heated and volatile argument rather than a productive debate.

When I have the misfortune to open a political thread, I suddenly think of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqSmiC_xHg

(it's the Ladies Guild re-enactment of Pearl Harbour, with the Monty Python crowd in pearls and mud)

Edited by kalanamak
Spelling, sheesh!