Menu

If something happened to you, would it create a hardship

Prairie~Phlox

My New Years resolution for this past year was to make sure my family could carry on without me if need be. This came about when I realized my husband had no idea where our kids were half the time and knew nothing about how to care for our dog who was having health issues. I started considering everything else he didn't know and tried to bring him up to speed.

I also made sure the kids knew more about grocery shopping and how to make some meals because dad would feed them cheerios and peanut butter sandwiches all the time if I wasn't here. I transitioned more laundry to them as well.

This all had the handy side effect of giving me more time for other things. I highly recommend it.

• Like 3

Well, for the next few years at least--before the term insurance expires--financially they'd be in a good position because DH would still have his job on top of everything. So the insurance money would pay off the house, cover college, etc. Non-financially? That's where the real hardship would be. There's so much I do that I don't think anybody even realizes. I really need to pull together that "If I Get Hit by a Bus" notebook.