Menu

Durable Wireless Headphones?

Mergath

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good, durable pair of wireless headphones? They don't need to have the most perfect, amazing sound quality ever, but I want a pair that isn't going to crap out on me in six months. They can't have any kind of cord at all because I have four cats who get bored in the winter and like to eat cords. I'm fine with a big clunky pair. I like to listen to podcasts while I clean and the cord on my earbuds has been catching on everything and driving me nuts. Plus my hearing sucks, and to watch a movie at night and actually understand the dialogue I'd have to have the tv so loud it would wake up dd. Everything I use has headphone jacks and bluetooth, in case that matters.

Thanks!

Yep! I kept thinking I'd lose them or break them because I'm hard on things, but I like them a lot. They don't tangle, I just stick them in my bag for travel, and they're so lightweight I forget I'm wearing them. I love how turning them off and back on makes them connect automatically.

• Like 2

I got mine from the Dollar Spot at Target for $10. I can't totally speak to their longevity, as I've only had them for about 3 months. But so far, so good. The sound quality is pretty good; my only complaint is slight buzzing when they are on but I'm not playing anything. Once the audio starts playing the buzzing goes away. They have pretty good battery life and range, especially for the price. I like them well enough and they cost so little that I want to get a pair or two for backup in case I lose or break my originals.

• Like 1

I also want to add that these are over the ear "Beats" style headphones, not earbuds. The ear covers and headpiece are cushioned and comfy for me. The earpieces fold in to make for more compact storage. At that price point they're not going to be super high quality, but they're pretty substantial. They're sturdy enough that I can carry them in my purse without a case with no damage.

• Like 1

I got the ones I linked to here:  http://cellxpo.com/product/motorola-s10-hd-bluetooth-stereo-headphones/?gclid=CjwKEAiAsMXBBRD71KWOh6fcjRwSJAC5CNE1AgJ7b-egk-O4qq25yUZJdSJesoeD_vp89UepwiaG4hoCSs3w_wcB

In an odd circumstance, I was given this set--actually two identical sets.  I really like them because they  are lightweight, rechargeable via USB.  The sound isn't going to knock you over if you are a purist, but they are great for wearing around the house, cleaning, listening to music and podcasts and the radio.  I'm glad I got two sets, because the battery life is about 2 hours.  These rest on the back of your head, not on top, by the way, in case you are wondering why they look weird.  ETA:  They also work at the gym, on the eliptical and so on.  

I dont' know that I would have bought them for $112 but they are on sale at $39, and at that, I'd buy 2 pairs.  :0)

(I have similar issues--no one likes my music, the TV is hard to hear at the volume my family listens at and so on...)

(And I know they don't get terrific reviews, but I think the audiophiles are missing the point of these headphones.  They aren't for audiophile listening...)

I have these. The sound is very good, IMO (though I mainly listen to audiobooks), and so far they've withstood a year of constant use:

https://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Black/dp/B00NCSIN4W/

I don't like in-ear type headphones, and I needed something snug that would stay on through all the gardening/cleaning/vacuuming I do while wearing them. These definitely fit the bill. I think I'd like it if the range were a bit longer, but as it is, I can put the phone in an upstairs window and be in the garden below it and the connection is still good. It's strong if I stay on the same floor of the house indoors, but if I change floor the sounds starts to break up a little.

ETA: There's an optional cord, but I've never used it. There's a mic right on the headset, which is nice since I work from home, and there's also one on the optional cord. The only cord you'd have to use is a USB charger cord. 

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 1

Oh, I wanted to add one more reason I liked the headphones I mentioned above.  I *don't* want noise cancelling.  These don't do this, and to me that is a feature, not a bug.  It's not the same for everyone.  One of the reasons I don't like tight earbuds OR noise cancelling on- or over-ear headphones is that they make me feel like I am underwater, or in an aquarium.  It's not the sound...it's the lack of air flow to my eardrums, I guess.  Anyway, I get that feeling and I hate it.  But these earphones don't do that to me.