Menu

Does anyone else here like music other homeschoolers don't like

yes, we love all kinds of music, not just christian artists (my favorite is jesus culture!). i enjoy billy joel, hall & oats, journey, etc. but my favorite music of all time is 80's new wave. i love new order, erasure, depeche mode, the cure, husker du, etc. my songs are "G" rated for the most part (i've left bauhaus, jane's addiction and big black in my past:tongue_smilie:). i also like some modern music. i like pink, colbie caillat, snow patrol, etc. in the car, i usually keep it on our local christian station though... my cd player is broken, and other stations seem to be in appropriate, not just with music but their commercials. most of my music is on my ipod for when i go running. my kids have their own musical preferences too. my daughter likes some praise & worship, camp rock, hannah montana, just bieber. my son's favorite group is tears for fears, lol.

We listen to a wide variety. My ds listens to Toby Mac and big band music. My dh is a child of the 70's and just drooled over the new Robert Plant CD I gave him. I'm from the 80's, punk, new wave. We still listen to a lot of that music.

Our family song is "Bang on the Drum". Ironically, the song does make me dance and my husband is his own boss, I don't think he's a jerk.

Quoting myself from two years ago, still true. Since then ds has a I-pod which he uses to load with music from his dad. Led Zepplin, Todd Rundgren, a couple of Blue Oyster Cult songs, and Ozzie's Iron Man.

I like Christian hard rock, lately I've been listening to RED.

I am so glad to see this thread. I am so tired of hearing how all homeschoolers listen to is classical and Christian music. Nothing against those people or types of music, but I am sick of the stereotype and it being applied to me. I like all kids of music from rock to country to Christian to whatever. And I let my children listen to it all. I do censor some that have bad messages, but not just because it is a certain type of music.