Menu

She's such a grown up!

Night Elf

Dd18 is away at college. She's had to do a few things that we usually do together, like going to the doctor's office or to the pharmacy. Today, she's voting for the first time. She's so nervous! I had to tell her exactly what I did in my voting precinct and we're hoping hers is set up the exact same way. She decided to be there when the polls open at 7:00am but there's no telling how long a line she may encounter. She has a class that starts at 9:30. Surely she won't miss that! I hope she's in and out fast. She should have voted early when the polls were set up on her campus. Now she's having to take an Uber car to the precinct. I hope it works out! I'm a nervous mom!

• Like 7

Hugs to you. This one is your baby, right?

Yes. It's like her being a little kid sometimes. She's still going through so many 1sts!

And she just texted to say the line wasn't long at all and she was in an out in 25 minutes. We expected it to be so much longer since it's so near a large college campus.

• Like 1

So cool!

8 years from now, my eldest will vote for prez in her first election.  Her sister, only 3 months younger, will miss it by 2 months!  That should be interesting ....  Well, unless they let 17yos vote like they did in some elections recently ....