Menu

Writing with Ease question

runamuk

Guest TrevinoLn

If you are adventurous and cheap, you can just buy the text. If you want pre-selected stories for narration, and pre-selected passages for copywork and dictation, you will definitely want the workbook. If you have the workbook, the text isn't strictly necessary. It won't be something you look at day to day. But it also serves as a roadmap for 4 years and is helpful in that regard.

Guest Littlebiscuit

Hi,

I am new to homeschooling and have tried FLL. I like the way WWE workbook is set up with everything in one place. My question is do I need FLL for grammar as well to go along w/ WWE or does WWE cover grammar in the exercises? My 7 yo dd is an avid reader, but we struggle to get her to put the books down long enough to do her FLL. I think she is a little bored w/ nouns.

Any ideas or opinions would be helpful.

Thanks

-Des

Hi,

I am new to homeschooling and have tried FLL. I like the way WWE workbook is set up with everything in one place. My question is do I need FLL for grammar as well to go along w/ WWE or does WWE cover grammar in the exercises? My 7 yo dd is an avid reader, but we struggle to get her to put the books down long enough to do her FLL. I think she is a little bored w/ nouns.

Any ideas or opinions would be helpful.

Thanks

-Des

WWE doesn't cover grammar at all. If I were you, I'd skip ahead/combine the noun lessons in FLL if your dd is bored with it.

Just from reading the other posts, it seems like it would work either way....just preference (or maybe, it's more of a time issue?). I use the teacher's manual and then come up with all my own dictation, narration, copywork samples. It definitely takes more time, and there are days when I really wish I had just bought the workbook, but I prefer pulling from what we are reading in literature or history or science, so just having the textbook has been great. (But I also only have two kids...I truly don't know that I would attempt it with 3 or more dc! I'm just not that organized :glare:).

If you are adventurous and cheap, you can just buy the text. If you want pre-selected stories for narration, and pre-selected passages for copywork and dictation, you will definitely want the workbook. If you have the workbook, the text isn't strictly necessary. It won't be something you look at day to day. But it also serves as a roadmap for 4 years and is helpful in that regard.

:iagree: I really enjoyed reading the text because it helped me understand the whole premise for the program. I also bought the workbooks because it makes it so easy! :)