Menu

I finally figured out an easy way to deal with our Latin flashcards

I've never had a good flash card system - -the index card boxes are awkward to me (and out of sight, out of mind), putting them in photo holders or similar makes it easy to use but hard to move the cards, and so on.

I found some old audio cassettes lurking in my closet; they were in black zipper cases.

If you take the cassette case apart, the flashcards from Latina Christiana fit nicely into one side (the other side is useless, as far as I can tell). I put 20-30 cards in each one, but more would fit. Any flashcard no bigger than a cassette tape would work, of course.

I removed the plastic insert from the zipper case, and placed the cases with flashcards in it. You could leave it in the case, but this is very neat and convenient. Mine are in a certain order, so I duct-taped the whole thing to the table so no one knocks it over.

Super easy to see and move the cards around; this would work very well for an odd/even or other rotating system for review. So check your closet :001_smile:

I removed the plastic insert from the zipper case, and placed the cases with flashcards in it. You could leave it in the case, but this is very neat and convenient. Mine are in a certain order, so I duct-taped the whole thing to the table so no one knocks it over.

:001_smile:

Duct tape and Latin - you're a well-organized woman! I can do all things through duct tape.:w00t:

Seriously, I found something similar on my bookshelf from a really old bible study I attended. It had a smaller than normal three ring binder and I fixed it up perfectly for what I was wanting it for. Isn't it great to find the right solution?

Duct tape and Latin - you're a well-organized woman! I can do all things through duct tape.:w00t:

Seriously, I found something similar on my bookshelf from a really old bible study I attended. It had a smaller than normal three ring binder and I fixed it up perfectly for what I was wanting it for. Isn't it great to find the right solution?

It makes my day, but then, I am rather easily amused.

That's a good idea. I just put ours in a ziploc baggie and toss it in a basket on the bookshelf near my teacher's desk.

I have one baggie for LC1 "not reviewed yet," one for LC1 "reviewed recently," one for LC2 "in use," and a a fourth for LC2 "not yet." We review 1/4 of LC1 flashcards each chapter we do in LC2, and on a separate day we review LC2 cards up to the lesson where we are. We are on LC2 Lesson 17.

I guess when we get to Henle we will need to develop a new system. Yikes. I'm in no hurry!