Menu

The Teachers Lounge 10-7-2016

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Friday! The Lounge is now OPEN!

Fresh brewed vanilla coffee available! Along with the Natural Bliss brand of 

French Vanilla or Pumpkin Spice creamer.

Has anything disrupted your day today? Here: I forgot hubby was working from home today so

we can take his car into the shop for maintenance. We'll see if any schooling gets done!

Anyone changing up their plans from what was originally scheduled? Here: I've decided to NOT

go to the crop - I have other, more important things to do here. Besides what I wanted to do there

I'm not prepped for anyway. Also, contemplating taking myself off the work schedule for tomorrow.

Supposed to work Monster Jam but last week at work I was having some twinges in my lower back

AND this week I have a heat rash. Since I live in the urban desert, not sure long hours standing in the

sun is going to help me much. We'll see.

What good movie(s) have you seen lately? Here: we saw "Sully" a couple of weeks ago. What an amazing

true story! I also want to see Miss Peregrine's School for Unusual Children. Not sure I can convince my hubby to 

go with me although, based on the previews I've seen, it reminds me somewhat of the mutants in "X-Men."

Talk to me! :bigear:

I am having a hard time getting started today!  It's ugly and rainy outside, which makes the children cranky and whiny inside.  The lack of sunshine does something to all of us.  Since we got in a solid 4 days this week, I'm half contemplating letting them watch PBS all morning and doing fun school after nap.  On the upside, the weather did give me reason to break out my tea for the winter and have a cuppa. :D

I haven't gotten out to the theatres much lately, but I am thinking about going out to the Rocky Horror sing along downtown next week.  I gave the 17yo first dibs if he wanted to go instead of me and he looked horrified after seeing still images. :lol: And then the look when I told him most people dress up.  :scared:  :rofl:  Well, he is more his father's child anyway. I may go, though.  Depending on what I find at the thrift store, either Janet or Magenta will be walking out my door. :D

• Like 1

Tea is always a lovely idea. I may take my hubby to a relatively new tea shop in town. I only discovered

it this year but evidently they've been there about two years! I have fun talking with the married couple

that runs it. We have fun discussing the ayurvedic properties of herbs.

As for Rocky Horror, I can't really blame your son. The first time I saw it was on video, and then I saw it 'live' -

in the theatre with a lot of costumed folk. I just don't get the attraction. But if it's fun for you, go have fun!

Well, I am currently snacking on almonds along with a Fizzicist (Kroger/Frys version of Dr. Pepper, but made with 

sugar, not high fructose corn syrup (which despite the Corn Growers Association's claim on their website, it NOT

the same as actual sugar-cane sugar) ). 

DH and DS are out shopping and I'm hoping they'll get something to eat too!

DD is upstairs and we were supposed to go over her math lesson while the boys are gone. Not sure that's going to happen.

If only I can keep myself focused on OTHER things that need to get done!

What are you all up to right now?

I just called a friend and left a message about the possibility of going to a movie tonight.

Been trying to talk myself out of it - to no avail. I think it's just TIME. Movies are my escapism

AND it usually helps my subconscious work on the necessities.

On that note, the Lounge is now CLOSED for today. See you all next week!

• Like 1