Menu

How did you track your student's progress through AOPS Pre-A?

Esse Quam Videri

DD seems to be doing fine, and really enjoys it. Occasionally she has a question about a concept, and we go over it together, but she mostly plugs along by herself, including checking her own answers. She gets the majority of the problems correct, and she always gets really excited when she gets a challenge problem. She is using Alcumus, and she's at 85% accuracy there... is this enough? This is the first year that I'm really hand off with her because my younger students REALLY need my time. I'm slightly worried we will get through Pre-A and realize she really didn't understand some of it. Should I be checking in with her more somehow? 

• Like 1

I think if your student can do the challenge problems well then they must have understood it well. What you can do is maybe after every 3 chapters, go back and reassign some review and challenge problems.

I had to do that with my student and that helped solidify the concepts. They all see it in a new way.

• Like 1