Menu

Has anyone moved their credit card pay date, how much interest would I get charged....

Prairie~Phlox

I want to move it from the 4th to the 7th.  If I was paying it off & had just over $1500 on it, how much interest would I end up paying? or would I be better off paying $1400 on the 4th and the rest on the 7th? 

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking - let me see if I have it right:

Your two options are 1) Pay $1400 by the due date, and then $100 plus interest on the $100 three days later.  OR 2) wait and pay all $1500 on the later day, plus the interest on the $1500.

Put that way, you're clearly better off with the first option, because you're only paying interest on the $100, rather than all $1500.  However, you mentioned "changing the due date" rather than just paying later, so you'd have to call and ask the company how they would handle interest if the due date is officially changed.  They may or may not charge you interest on any unpaid balance for those three days.

Can you juggle anything else to get the extra $100 in time?  Or do you want to change the due date because this is an ongoing issue that would be helped by having that three-days of extra time every month?  (Like for example you get a paycheck on the 5th or 6th.)

Discover has an option to change your due date, it would be beneficial if we had it changed by just a few days because of when we get paid. But I never get charged interest, because we've always made it work, but everything else comes out electronically, so trying to cut corners for 3 days isn't really an option. Option 2 would pay everything later, but with a new due date.